1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter Greetings

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Apr 16, 2017.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

If a certain chocolate company won't say it, then I will.:)

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday to those of you whom are going to make tomorrow different from other Sundays.

Happy Sunday to those who are just going to enjoy Sunday,

What is also special about today, is that it is followed by a Bank Holiday and for some it means an extra day off to spend with loved ones.

2. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

The Easter Bunny has just distributed eggs throughout the house...

This hope she can remember where they all are in the morning for when the kids get bored of looking...:)

3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Happy Easter, what a lovely thread :D

4. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Happy Easter to you too! We are going to Church then out to lunch, followed by a walk (weather permitting, it's meant to rain all day!)

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I am an atheist down to the marrow in my bones, but I recognise that for Christians, Easter holds a special significance that I wouldn't wish to deny them.

I take the view that without their historical devotion to their religion, we wouldn't be getting a couple of days off work; and for that I thank them. Happy Easter.

6. josienig

josienig Senior commenter

For some it's the most important religious day of the year, for others it's an egg day and for almost all of us it's the middle day of a long weekend or the middle weekend of the Easter holiday.
    Whichever one it is, Happy Easter xx

7. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

I've done the five year old's basket ;) (with some American stuff, too)....It will also be the day that I will go off my diet - for 1 day :D

20170415_231140.jpg

thistledoo and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  8. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

just getting up to hide a few eggs for my (adult!!!!-nearly) children! More for me than for them, of course!:)

Happy celebration of the resurrection to you all xxx

9. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Happy Easter everyone. With all of the big shops closed it is a reminder of what Sundays used to be like.

10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

SK

I fear for your 5 year old's teeth.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

Happy Easter! I'm slightly disappointed to have missed our dawn service but it is bucketing. I'm sure everyone will be enjoying their get up by now!

Looking forward to an old style Sunday! As long as they don't tie the swings up in the park! I hope whatever way you spend your Sunday, you enjoy it.

12. thistledoo

thistledoo Senior commenter

Happy Easter to you all too!

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Whereas our Dawn service on the seashore was fine and remarkably windless for once.
    Just got back from tidying up from the 'after-service breakfast' in the Community Centre.

Easter Greetings to all!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  14. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Happy Easter! Lovely morning here . Family over later. Coffee sandwich cake to put together and rabbit jelly to liberate from the mould. Hope it goes better than at Christmas (carnage!)

15. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

Meant to say 'fry up'! Not get up! Autocorrect!

16. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Happy Easter everyone. :)

17. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

And should be still...

18. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Happy Easter to all, lovely walk with my dog in our local park and now cooking up a storm. I'm going to decorate the table with a lemon table cloth and daffodil printed napkins. Some real daffs in the middle. It only seems like Christmas was five minutes ago, time seems to go ever faster.

As a side note I was just telling a fellow dog walker that I spent most of my childhood thinking that the donkey Mary rode on to get to Bethlehem was the same donkey Jesus rode on when he entered Jerusalem on Palm Sunday! I always thought it was nice they'd kept it for so long.

19. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

A dawn service on the seashore sounds amazing!! I'm envious Lara x

20. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

It is really special. Even more so as one can imagine that 'breakfast on the beach with the disciples.

thistledoo and (deleted member) like this.