1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter eggs £££££££

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flowersinspring, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Senior commenter

Really neeeeeeeeeeeed some chocolate NOW!

pepper5 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Flowersinspring - me too! Just stole the packet of Mini Eggs out of the box, containing just 9 eggs! That's daylight robbery!

pepper5 likes this.
  3. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Senior commenter

That's shocking. Will dunk another Bourbon to help with the shock.

colpee and pepper5 like this.
  4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Easter Eggs reduced a bit more in Tesco this morning

pepper5 likes this.
  5. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I have bought my husband an Easter Egg and I know he'll go on about the packaging. I can't argue with that, though.

I bought him some of these as part of his birthday present last month. He was delighted.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/73241/Carrinet-Veggio-Reusable-Fruit-and-Veg-Bags-Pack-of-5

[​IMG]

pepper5 likes this.
  6. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Just dont buy them and bring an end to this pagan money making ritual.

7. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Oh for the days of my childhood when the little village shop took down the boxes of Milk Tray and Black Magic off the top shelf and replaced them with a few Easter eggs. Maundy Thursday afternoon with a chance to buy on the Saturday.

8. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

That's like a Christmas afternoon quiz :) I got Amazon, what's the company named after a wet part of England?

It's fine to name Amazon AFAIK, what the TES t&c forbid is "content which refers to individual schools, colleges or agencies - or their staff - whether by name, or identifiable by a pseudonym or any other means."

9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

10. celago22

celago22 Occasional commenter

Lakeland?

colpee and Rott Weiler like this.
  11. Bentley89

Bentley89 Occasional commenter

Fair point, but what I didn't mention was that it was gift-wrapped, personalised and delivered for that price. Still may be a little over, but I'm happy.

12. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Easter Eggs are heavily reduced in the Co-op now, we bought 5 little Milky Bar ones yesterday for 50p each!

13. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Sainsbury’s had a massive display of reduced Easter eggs this week. They certainly over estimated demand.

14. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I am going to make choc chip cookies today with some of the Easter eggs I didn't eat. I need some as a payment for tomorrow, when a friend is doing me a favour, and the chocolate in them is so dull; it's much nicer baked into a cookie.

15. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I tried chopping up a load of celebrations/ roses type chocolates and baking them into a cake to get rid of the summer chocolate glut.

It was a waste of good cake mixture.

16. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

17. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I bought a Heston Chocolate Teapot yesterday in Waitrose.
    At £20 it was a ridiculous price...At £5 yesterday it was pretty decent value for the amount of chocolate.
    And it lasts until the end of June, so can sit in the cupboard until we have people over for supper and then can be served for a slightly odd pudding.

Other than that we've had a fair few mini boxes of mini eggs because they have been on offer at three for a pound. I bought OH a cream egg (revolting things, but he likes them) and me a filled caramel egg. That's it.

18. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Same here. I got my Mum some chocolates for Mothers Day but I always buy those little packs from Hotel Chocolat. That way I can pick types she will like and get more with less packaging.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  19. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter