1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter Eggs!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dunteachin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

As you know, I'm a shy, retiring kind of person but I had to let rip this afternoon in the local newsagents. "WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT?!" I felt moved to shout across the shop floor. "I know" came the reply" but people are buying them!"
    A ruddy great display of Cadbury's creme eggs. Jesus wept. Truly, he did.

ScotSEN and kibosh like this.
  2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Boots.

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

The world's gone mad! There are no properly delineated times of year any mor, but Easter eggs before Christmas- ridiculous!

What's even worse is that they're Cadbury's Creme eggs - vile!

ScotSEN likes this.
  5. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

In their defence Crème eggs are nice at any time of year. But I too get infuriated by the sight of anything other than a few crème eggs Easter related when it appears in the seasonal aisle on Boxing Day!

6. gameofdrones

gameofdrones Established commenter

Its a novelty purchase.

The same reason why there are mince pies on sale in September.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

My husband said just about as much when he came across those in a petrol station about 3 weeks ago! The shop assistant said about the same too.

8. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

To put a cynical spin on it, so some sales manager of Cadbury's can beg it in board meetings with non zero sales figures well ahead of the 'event.'

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Apparently when I was a wee lass, I wonted to know why there were no chocolate eggs at Christmas-so much for my Catholic education!! The following Easter my aunt bought an egg and stored it until Christmas. Of course, by then I'd forgotten my 12 month past request but ate it with delight, apparently!! I have absolutely no memory of this! :D

ScotSEN likes this.