1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter eggs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Went to my local supermarket today and they were busily filling the shelves with Easter Eggs!
    I haven't taken down my Christmas tree yet...

2. Why are you still inside? You should be out in the shops, spending your money!
    GO GO GADGET CONSUMERISM!
    Don't you see? If shops stopped filling up their shelves with seasonal ****, they'd be half empty, and then suddenly people would realise how shallow their lives were, and how little stuff they really needed.

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

At last! Oestre's festival does so easily get lost in among all these new-fangled Christian events!

4. Ohh that means it's Creme Egg and Mini Egg season.
    I approve.

5. Roskilde

Roskilde New commenter

Just been to my local supermarket - they have hot cross buns!

6. Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggh!

7. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I bought 30 creme eggs at half price today to give my class at Easter.

8. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

How come they were half price? You sure they're not last years stock? Our supermarket had half an aisle's worth today but they were definitely full price!

9. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

You can buy hot cross buns all year round.
    Mmm... delicious.

10. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

The use by date is October 2011 so they're well within date!

11. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I popped out to Sainsbury's for a sandwich on the last day of term (21st Dec) and found that they had put the Mini eggs out. Went into my local brach of tescos last week and they had split one aisle between reduced to clear Christmas products and Easter stuff. What amazed me was that there were gaps were people had actually been buying the Easter things!!

12. Before you move on to Easter eggs, try a Marks and Spencer confection called Snowy Balls.