1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter eggs... a question

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Mar 26, 2016.

?

How should you eat an Easter egg?

1. All in one big greedy blowout

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. In small bitesize bits stretched out over a week

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Other [that isn't part of the dispute but thanks for your input]

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

How should you eat your Easter egg?

This is going to settle a dispute between my wife and I.

You can probably guess which side each of us is on.

2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

You should have quantities of small ones and organise an Easter egg hunt. Actually, I reckon the best thing is to have a secret stash and nibble them out of sight of everyone else.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I tried to do that but I'm monitored! Monitored I tells ya!

Only had the one egg anyway... and little egglets that came with it. :(

BTW, very glad to see I have 100% support so far!

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'm struggling to think of any food that shouldn't be eaten all in one big greedy blowout.

Mangleworzle and sabrinakat like this.
  5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

In a oner. That type of chocolate goes horrible if you leave it too long.

My Finnish friend says Easter Eggs over there are solid. SOLID!

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Curses, people other than me voted... I'm rumbled!

7. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

In fact, you get more chocolate at a better price if you buy a slab or a box of chocs. Then you can get twice as much and, if you're careful, better quality. Easter eggs, especially the hollow ones, have a thimbleful of choc in them. Or a massive Toblerone. One section of that keeps you going for a while.

wanet likes this.
  8. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Definitely all at once. Why hang about?

9. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

In America, we have solid chocolate bunnies - bought one (OK, two) for the toddler (ordered on-line).... my students were shocked when I showed them - I was gobsmacked when I first saw HOLLOW easter bunnies here..... sob!

coffeekid likes this.
  10. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Husband would say second option 'small bite-sized bits spread out' and he would make it last more than a week whereas for me 'it would be 'as fast as possible to get temptation out of the way!' ;)

Mind you I never buy the large (hollow) Easter eggs, just lots of small ones, which are easier to ration oneself with.

foxtail3 and Dragonlady30 like this.
  11. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I heard on the radio that it is better for your teeth to scoff the lot and then let the PH in your mouth return to normal. If you keep nibbling then you will keep producing acid and rotting your teeth.

12. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I like to delay my gratification - so a bit at a time and therefore lasting for a week or two. HOWEVER, in reality, I have to do the greedy blow-out as I learnt, to my cost many years ago, that Klutzonthesofa will eat my carefully rationed stash. Blimmin' twazzock

13. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

All in one greedy blowout of course. Then when you feel a little peckish, you can pitch some from the person who rations theirs over a week. You snooze, you lose.

14. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

While eggs are poor value if measured by volume of chocolate there's something special about the shape and the snap when you break them apart that makes it all worth it.

lindenlea likes this.
  15. ValentinoRossi

ValentinoRossi Star commenter

Hahaha! You keep telling yourself that, bombaysapphire! ;)

lindenlea likes this.
  16. ValentinoRossi

ValentinoRossi Star commenter

I am not that keen on chocolate.:eek: So I'd definitely go for option 2. With the caveat that I'd give up after a week and chuck what's left in the bin.

17. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

lanokia and ValentinoRossi like this.
  18. WJClarkson

WJClarkson Occasional commenter

I don't eat chocolate. I thank them politely then share it with a few friends later on. Those who know me tend to buy me sweets though so it's not usually a problem.

19. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

While we're on questions about Easter eggs...

I've never quite got my head round the business about the Easter bunny. It's a bit like the Tooth Fairy; what's going on there; what's the back-story?

Someone told me that Easter eggs are made from the Easter bunny's milk. Can that be right?

20. WJClarkson

WJClarkson Occasional commenter

I image this bunny is a bunny-cow hybrid.
    [​IMG]

cuteinpuce likes this.