1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter activities with very lively year 1 class

Discussion in 'Primary' started by whodbeateacher, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Hi. I'm covering for a colleague this term with a VERY lively, young Year 1 class, an hour each week to do RE.
    We are doing the Easter story but I am keen to do lots of short activities with them, crafts etc which will keep them occupied and me sane. They can only manage short bursts of attention and I need to have my eyes everywhere so was thinking of some sort of carousel activities over the term.
    I'm starting this week with Pancake Day. We've no time to make any, but will probably have a pancake tossing competition (!), learn a pancake song and maybe a worksheet where they can draw the ingredients of a pancake in one box and what they might give up for Lent in another.
    Any other ideas for the rest of the term gratefully received. I have one TA to help me but she is allocated to a child with a statement and physical mobility issues so this may be a hindrance.

2. Hi. I'm covering for a colleague this term with a VERY lively, young Year 1 class, an hour each week to do RE.
    We are doing the Easter story but I am keen to do lots of short activities with them, crafts etc which will keep them occupied and me sane. They can only manage short bursts of attention and I need to have my eyes everywhere so was thinking of some sort of carousel activities over the term.
    I'm starting this week with Pancake Day. We've no time to make any, but will probably have a pancake tossing competition (!), learn a pancake song and maybe a worksheet where they can draw the ingredients of a pancake in one box and what they might give up for Lent in another.
    Any other ideas for the rest of the term gratefully received. I have one TA to help me but she is allocated to a child with a statement and physical mobility issues so this may be a hindrance.