1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eastenders

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Dec 22, 2015.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Given the frequency of death and disaster every year, would you want to be living on the Square at Christmas?

2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Is that still going?
    I'd have thought they would have killed everyone off by now :)

3. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I don't watch it but judging from the trailers it looks like an awful place to live, they all seem so angry.

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The keep finding sons and daughters that they have forgotten.

5. PussyGraves

PussyGraves Occasional commenter

Why does no-one work in London.

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

What does that mean? I have worked in London for years.

7. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Nooooooooooooo!

I was addicted to it back in the 1990s (I was very proud that I was able to record it whilst away over Christmas) and came back to the tragedy of poor Tiffany being run over. Still in shock, I find it difficult to even watch it, let alone see a reference on Personal. My therapist will have to work overtime....

yet, Ian Beale and Pat Butcher (sp - who's she married to now) are still there, I think? and didn't Gillian Tayforth (sp) return and Sonia and Carol? ah....they go off to asylum and are slowly released back into the community. How's Dot by the way?

and poor Wellard, whatever happened to him?

8. PussyGraves

PussyGraves Occasional commenter

People in Walford. They don't smoke, swear or discuss football either.

9. eggyspice

eggyspice Occasional commenter

I was quite touched by the "L" story of body dimorphism, as it was something I suffered myself. It isn't the worse programme in the world,

10. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I haven't watched 'Stenders' for a similar amount of time, mainly because it got too depressing. And because I am Queen Nitpick of the Nitpick Folk (to which my thread on Corrie scripts testifies), I couldn't cope with how often a person with no money left the Square to go to the airport - in a taxi.

Wellard would be about 30 if he were still in it, @sabrinakat!