1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

East Sussex Primary GTP

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ladyj, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Hey,

I've got a place on the East Sussex GTP starting this september. Just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who has a place as well. If so, what schools are you based at?

Jem.

2. Hey,

I've got a place on the East Sussex GTP starting this september. Just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who has a place as well. If so, what schools are you based at?

Jem.

3. Hi Jem,

Is that with Brighton Uni or East Sussex CC/Uni of Sussex GTP? I have applied for East Sussex CC but have not heard yet...waiting nervously and would be good to know if they have started giving out places!

Thanks,
    Abby

4. Hi,

I had my interview yesterday with East Sussex Consortium.They said it'd be 2-3 weeks before they could let me know, as they are interviewing all this week and next week.

When did you have your interview?

5. I had mine last Monday and they also said to me that it would be two or three weeks but when I saw LadyJs post I thought maybe I got it wrong. Sounds like She might be on a different GTP then. Good Luck with your application.

6. Thanks for replying.

I actually had my interview last year and was given a place on the East Sussex CC Scheme/ Sussex Consortium starting in sept 2006. However, I fell pregnant and was unable to begin the training so they deferred my place for this sept (Thankfully!!!).

I knew I found out around this time so was just wondering if the new trainees had heard yet. Sorry for getting you all excited. Just to let you know that it did take a couple of weeks from my interview to hear whether I had a place.

Good luck to you both and I hope you hear soon. Let me know!

7. Hi Abby,

Thanks for your reply.This waiting is dreadful.I can't really think of anything else.Do you know the number of places they have? I forgot to ask.

Good luck with your application.I'll keep in touch.

Thanks
    Nuray

8. Hi Nuray,

I know - I went through this last year aswell only to be rejected so I know how awful it could potentially be! Last year there were 24 places and they interviewed 50 people so I assume its the same this year.Would be great to keep in touch - let me know how you get on.
    Abby

9. Hi Jem,

Congrats on your place...I've been successful too! Will be at Catsfield school, what about you?

Philippa

10. I have a place too :) well done everyone.

11. This post is from 2007!! :)