1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

East Riding of Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by 1961templar, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 1961templar

1961templar New commenter

I am based in the East Riding of Yorkshire and have worked mainly in South Yorkshire secondary schools in Doncaster/Sheffield/Rotherham/Barnsley for a couple of agencies. I would be interested to hear from any supply teachers working in the East Riding and suggestions of the best agencies or LEAs to register with. I have always found long term supply work in the last few years but recently I have had to take daily work and worked in Primary schools on occasion. I have had no work since Easter and am now looking for alternative employment.

2. 1961templar

1961templar New commenter

I am based in the East Riding of Yorkshire and have worked mainly in South Yorkshire secondary schools in Doncaster/Sheffield/Rotherham/Barnsley for a couple of agencies. I would be interested to hear from any supply teachers working in the East Riding and suggestions of the best agencies or LEAs to register with. I have always found long term supply work in the last few years but recently I have had to take daily work and worked in Primary schools on occasion. I have had no work since Easter and am now looking for alternative employment.

3. crusell

crusell New commenter

I no longer do supply but I found Principal teachers Resourcing keen, they rang me up today! Premier Class are very friendly , but may not be able to offer you much -depends on where you are and what you have to offer. LEAP are an agency that I've seen supply teachers in Hull registered with, but I don't know if they have much work. I'm nor sure if East Rding CC has a supply list, although I have met people doing one to one through them

4. East Riding Council does have a supply list - you have to pay £39 a year for the privilege of being on it though. And they have only just got me work this week.
    Principal Resourcing seem to get a lot of work in the Hull and East Riding. Beware that they don't pay that well and it is through an umbrella company. They try to rip you off with the CRB if you need a new one.
    Depending on where you want to work you could just ring up schools and ask them who they use for supply work.