1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

East Asia / SE Asia physics teaching positions

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by ukphys, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ukphys

ukphys New commenter

Hi all - I am looking at moving to East / Southeast Asia for a Physics teaching position from August 2020. I have seen a few positions start to pop up on TES, but I'm wondering how many positions I can expect to come up over the next few months? Are positions rare and so it's better to apply for any that I see as soon as possible?

Also, the only experience of teaching I have is in a UK secondary school, will it be particularly difficult for me to secure an interview for an international job with no international school experience?

Thanks in advance!

2. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Join Search Associates and schools will be posting job offers into your email daily. If you have A level experience you can pick the country you want to live and work in the future.

3. ukphys

ukphys New commenter

Thanks very much for your reply @february31st, I'll make an account on there now. I've just found an old thread comparing TES to SA as well so had a good read of that.

4. yorkie63

yorkie63 New commenter

Please don't fall into the trap that just because you teach Physics that every school and country will be falling over to hire you. I been teaching Physics for over 25 years (Including A - Level) from the old Nuffield Days, and I still need to do the hard work to get an interview etc.

At present I am in my 10th year of international teaching and its has been a slog sometimes to get a good position. So dont be fooled.

T0nyGT likes this.
  5. Have a look at the Matizi website - it's a good place to research what's available at the moment - 84 international school Physics jobs on there now!

ukphys likes this.
  6. ukphys

ukphys New commenter

Thanks so much @sorayaka, great website! Quite a few jobs on there I might apply for

7. Oli_K

Oli_K New commenter

Physics job at a very good school in Vietnam at the moment.

8. 576

576 Established commenter