1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easiyo - anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I am a sucker for things like this and we genuinely do eat a lot of yoghurt. Has anyone tried this? Is it any good? Reviews on QVC look good...

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Mum uses one.....she got hers from some place calld Lakeland Ltd - I have never heard of the place *hides before anyone from Cookery hears this and starts shouting 'LIAR!'*
    She loves it so much she is trying to persuade me to swap from my 'traditional' joghurt maker.
    And there is an Easy-yo icecream kit too that apparantly makes the most delicious frozen treat!

3. Oh, Lakeland are very persuasive aren't they? If I see anything on the telly I usually see if they have it on Ebay. I will have a look then, thanks Beth. I have a traditional yoghurt maker too, but I only have skimmed milk at home and it can be a leetle bit too tart. I end up putting loads of sugar in it and it defeats the healthy eating aspect!

4. Yes.
    If you eat a lot get a couple of the thermos things and a few jars ....... and some of the lunch sized jars if you take packed lunches.
    The bio ones - in gold packets have more of the 'good' bacteria - a bit more expensive.
    The ice cream is delicious. Sort of like old fashioned flavoured.

5. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

I loved Easiyo but have slipped out of the habit of making it. Thank you for the reminder! I used to just make the plain version and add a dollop of honey, lemon curd or good quality jam to the mini pot.
    Downside is having to go to Lakeland online or a Lakeland store to buy it and I end up spending far too much money on other stuff :)

6. My stepfather eats a ridiculous amount of yoghurt - so they use theirs a heck of a lot.

7. billyelliot

billyelliot New commenter

Oooh. I do! It's like magic. Even my kids love it. Some of the favours are a bit full on and I have found that the natural Greek with a bit of sugar in is perfect on cereal. The coconut one is beyond gorgeous but sadly for me as a points watcher on WW it is not worth the points. Who cares, I'm going to get one started now.

8. It is so easy to make and so delicious that I've had to have little rest from it as I found that I was standing with the fridge door open eating my way through the whole pot.

9. Thanks everyone. I have taken the plunge and ordered one plus a few sachets, so if I don't like it it will be your fault!!

10. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Heeee! Mum came round this morning - I phoned her just before she left and asked her to bring the easy-yo round! I now have Mum's gadget, plus a sachet of 'greek-style' to try a batch tonight...if it works, I may decide to get my own!

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Of course it will work! You can follow instructions, I'm sure!

I'm even considering going out for some sachets myself - with the huge hike in yogurt prices, it's probably worth buying these days!

12. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

It looks too simple!
    Cold water in easy-yo jar, add mix, shake...more warer...shake ,,,,put in easy-yo gadget thingy....add hot water...leave overnight.
    Which is actually no more complicated than my 'normal' joghurt maker!
    Looking at Lakeland website....purely for research you understand!...it looks like 5 sachets of the powder costs about £10.(more for the flavoured sort)....does each sachet make 1 litre? so 2poundes per litre?

13. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yes.

Blimey, they've gone up - they were just over a quid last time I was into Easi-Yo!
    So not particularly cheap ... I bought 16 pots of yogurt for £6 today... That's 2 litres for £6, so actually, Easi-Yo is a bargain compared with that! Compared with basics plain yogurt though...

14. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

It really is that easy and that price :)
    There are different varieties & flavours available via Amazon too, as I discovered today.

15. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

So....an update....
    Mum brought the Easi-yo round on Sunnday along with one sachet of 'Greek-Style' mix.
    I made a batch yesterday - set it up in the morning, ready in the evening....it came out really thick!...chilled it overnight in the fridge...
    I had a spoonful to taste first-thing...and then a dollop on my porridge...it is certainly thick...and creamy...a nice sharpness too.
    It is really easy to make - reminds me a bit of making joghurt as a child, in a thermos flask.
    My main concern is the additives et.c...the sachet didn't list ingredients...'normal' joghurt just contains milk! (and bacteria!)
    But this does taste rather good!
    I may decide to try a few more flavours before I make my final decision...I love the idea of the coconut one...and maybe try one of the 'low-fat' ones (although they have some poor reviews on Lakeland)....and a fruity one - Mango?....it may take some time to decide....Mum may not get the gadget back for some time!

16. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I particularly like the lemon one and the coconut one and the Greek yougurt....
    I haven't had any problems with the low fat ones either. The only 'downside' is that I feel I have to eat it quicker than when I just have individual pots lol!

17. Well the sachets arrived today but not yet the maker...boo! Thanks for your advice, looking forward to having a go.

18. So - much excitement as my Parcel arrived - and it is smashed to smithereens! Has to be returned. Can't I just use my normal yoghurt maker??

19. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Oh nooo! How annoying.
    I wouldn't risk wasting a sachet in a normal yoghurt maker - the Easiyo stuff is designed to work perfectly at the temperature held and slowly cooling in the flask.

20. Yes, I am dead upset!! Thanks, I won't waste a sachet then, I will wait until the replacement comes.