1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easiest mobile phone to use

Discussion in 'Personal' started by CarrieV, Nov 6, 2011.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Can anyone recommend the simplest mobile phone to use. It need do nothing but send and receive calls. Unfortunately my Mum is starting to show early signs of Alzheimers and we are concerned about her when she is out ( at the moment she seems fine about where she is and she walks into town and back without any problems, but she has just made her breakfast as she thought it was morning!) . She has a mobile phone but can't remember how to use it so I need something with as few steps as possible! Are there also any alternatives we should consider ( she has her address and contact numbers in her purse just in case!)

Help much appreciated

2. How many numbers does she need to be able to ring?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/i-baby-unlocked-Mobile-battery-charger/dp/B004AAMWHU/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320614730&sr=1-1-catcorr
    We got my grandmother one of these (see link) when her altzheimer's progressed. It has 4 pre-programmed numbers so she could just hit whichever number related to a person's name on her list.
    There are quite a variety of 'simple' phones but we found that they all had too much to befuddle her. Wasn't helped by the fact she had Macular Degeneration so couldn't see weeny buttons mind.

3. chicabonita

chicabonita New commenter

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

She can cope with the size of the buttons, she just can't remember what to do with them!
    The Kiddie phone looks good, would she just have to press one of the preset numbers and the green phone symbol to contact say my dad or myself? She might manage that! Can you remember how calls are received and how the location track works?

5. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

My Dad has the vodaphone simple I think its called and is very basic and easy to use

6. Have a look at this one, it's a bit expensive though.

http://www.matobshop.co.uk/go/productmo/doro-handle-plus-334-gsm-mobile-phone