1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Only just caught the news (and can't find a thread about it so sorry if repeating anyone).
    What chaos - those poor people [​IMG]

2. It's just dreadful for them. Hard to know what to say without seeming really trite!

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I agree. There have been so many natural disasters recently. Feeling pity for anyone involved seems so totally ineffectual.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

If you're ever on the coast in some exotic part of the world and the water very suddenly drains off the beach and back out to sea, *** head for high ground as fast as you can, it's the classic precursor to a tsumani. You can see that it's happened in the news footage before the wave strikes the Japanese coast.

The sight of that wall of water and debris surging inland and overwhelming moving vehicles is ghastly.

5. This picture broke my heart. A wee fishing boat caught up in a vortex. I cannot imagine how anyone got out of that - or the horror of being on that boat.
    [​IMG]