1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Earth Hour

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Mar 26, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I know he is. I just wish he wasn't such a harbinger of black and white stripy doom, charging, and whinnying high pitchedly, towards me out of the promordial mists of time, hoofs a clumping over the barren soil of my mind and leaving small, odd shaped dropping behind.

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I resent that - I am a harbinger of white and black stripey doom, not black and white

Bloody black and white, mutter mutter

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Mostly white but with black markings. [​IMG]

4. Thought it really touching that our county council were taking part in this with the following.
    The main council buildings, would be having all of their lights extinguised to coincide with earth hour to show solidarity and the commitment it has to environmental issues.
    Fair enough, except that earth hour is between 20:30 and 21:30 on a Saturday night, when no bu66er is going to be in the buildings anyway, so all that means is that somone will make sure that all of the lights that should be off already are switched off.
    In this particular case, a total waste of time and very little effort to make themselves look good on the back of some genuinely well intentioned cause, albeit a matter of personal opinion as to how much good it'll do.