1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early years vs cfe

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by Poppet2016, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Poppet2016

Poppet2016 New commenter

Hello

I'd like to apply for a pupil support role to get some classroom experience before i apply for the pgde course in Aberdeen.

I currently run pre-school baby & toddler classes and was trying to find out what link there was between the early years and cfe - i know in england they have the eyfs but it seems to differ in scotland. There is an early years framework from conception to 8 i think but this obviously crosses over the cfe 3-18 ...

Ive only started researching this so forgive me if the above is wrong - i was just trying to find out how my experience can follow on / benefit me in the classroom for the application form.

I'm also thinking of course in general - interation with children / communication skills / creative aspects / parent interaction / planning / time management etc

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kerry

2. Gemget84

Gemget84 New commenter

Hi I replied to ur other post. There is a framework called Pre-birth to Three. This is available on the education Scotland website.

Not sure if you would know but might be worth looking into Building the Ambition, and How Good is our early learning centre. These may give u a good insight too. These are available on education Scotland too I'm sure.

Hope this helps.

3. Poppet2016

Poppet2016 New commenter

Thank you very much!