1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Years Teacher Interview at Childrens Centre nursery

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sweetie666, Mar 13, 2011.

1. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hi all
    I am currently studying a PGCE in primary education and have an interview for a position at a childrens centre within an nursery/reception aged class (state run/term time). I need plan a 20 mins activity which can be done in the free flow classroom as I could have a number of children at one time. I was thinking of either gloop play (corn flour) or making playdough and exploring it by adding textures such as pasta, oats and sand and adding scents and colours. I am not sure what would be best to do?
    My experience before my PGCE was in a nursery class with children aged 2-3 years so am keen to do a creative and exploratory activity.
    Any advice from early years teachers of what would be best for the interview activity would be fab, thank you

2. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hi all
    I am currently studying a PGCE in primary education and have an interview for a position at a childrens centre within an nursery/reception aged class (state run/term time). I need plan a 20 mins activity which can be done in the free flow classroom as I could have a number of children at one time. I was thinking of either gloop play (corn flour) or making playdough and exploring it by adding textures such as pasta, oats and sand and adding scents and colours. I am not sure what would be best to do?
    My experience before my PGCE was in a nursery class with children aged 2-3 years so am keen to do a creative and exploratory activity.
    Any advice from early years teachers of what would be best for the interview activity would be fab, thank you

3. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Either would be good as it shows you doing something creative and hands on. Dont forget to focus on the language.