1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Years Practitioners and the Key Person role??

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by debbieduck, Jun 14, 2012.

1. are you telling me that this person is and Early years professional? Gosh, if so I would have expected a bit more nous!

are the same children there all week? if so then, yes, it would disrupt the keyperson approach. If you have flexible models of attendance, then possibly not.

2. Could you argue it from the point of view that this person needs some support in order to get her to improve, and who better than the Deputy Head to do it? Seems like a Deputy kind of responsibility??

3. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

All of the nursery nurses in my team are part time so each child has two key workers, if the other EYFSP acts as key worker for the same group of children as the other I don't see why it should be a problem.

4. mehmetdan

mehmetdan New commenter

There are no rules in the revised EYFS about how many children a key person should have or anything else for that matter. Just that the child/parent knows who is responsible for them. Unless your school objects you can be the key person for them all and really you probably will be anyway if you have the same assistant.
    I breezed through the qualifications bit so I'm a bit vague about this and could be wrong but don't you have to have a Level 3 qualified TA now anyway?

5. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

EYFSPs are degree level qualifications.

6. mehmetdan

mehmetdan New commenter

Oh you mean Early Years Professional (EYP). EYFSP stands for Early Years Foundation Stage Profile - I don't think she's that! I wondered what she meant - but then T/a's are called all sorts so didn't really think about it. SLT should be thinking about competency management