1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Years Practitioner Vs. Teaching Assistant

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by stacey2011, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Hi, I recently just got a job as a teaching assistant in Reception Class (start in September) and I'm just wondering whether there is a difference between what Early Years Practitioners do and teaching assistants when they are both in reception classes. The reason I ask is because I have seen Early Years Practitioner job posts which pay more than early years teaching assistants? Or are they basically the same role but it is the schools choice as to what they advertise the job as?

Thanks!

2. I have a EYP working with me and she took a pay cut from a level3 TA floating round the whole school to come and work in foundation (she has EYP qualifications).

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

An EYP is an Early Years Professional not the same as an Early Years Practioner which could apply to anyone working in an Early Years Setting.

4. Yeah Ive got my EYPS, not that I have seen any jobs advertised for someone with it ;)