1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Years PGCE - need KS2 National Curriculum?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by yellowflower, Aug 2, 2012.

1. yellowflower

yellowflower Occasional commenter

Hello!
    I'm due to start an early years pgce in September, so collating National Curric docs. I was just wondering is it necessary for me to have a copy of the KS2 NC too even though I'm doing Early Years (which is Foundation Stage and KS1)?
    Thanks!

2. The National curriculum document should cover both KS1 and 2. Its always useful to have for your high flyers in yr2!

3. lilac25

lilac25 New commenter

Hi
    Yes I would say become familiar with KS2. During my teaching practice many year 2's were working at year 3, and even year 4 level, so it pays to become familiar before you start.
    Good luck with it

4. Hi, I'm also doing Early Years PGCE (FS and KS1) and I agree with the other posters about having a knowledge of the next KS up, although I'd be lying if I said I've already looked through it in detail.

All the best with your course, I'm so excited yet so nervous!

5. yellowflower

yellowflower Occasional commenter

Thankyou all for your help!!!!
    No harm in having the NC for KS2 as well then!