1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early years PE lessons

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by vickykeen, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I have been supply teaching for a few terms now but until now I have not yet had to teach P.E. to reception age children. I can cope with year 1 upwards due to a very wide range of classes I teach but am stuck as to how to approach it.

Whilst I know what the objectives are and how to teach them (following plans given to me by class teacher) - its the inbetween bits I struggle with. For example, I would like ideas on how to limit number of children on certain pieces of equipment (particularly the wall bars). I'm finding it particularly hard when a lot of the children struggle with counting!

I have an LSA with me who helps set up the equipment with me but she then observes and records comments on each of the children as they achieve each target.

Any ideas? Help!

2. I have been supply teaching for a few terms now but until now I have not yet had to teach P.E. to reception age children. I can cope with year 1 upwards due to a very wide range of classes I teach but am stuck as to how to approach it.

Whilst I know what the objectives are and how to teach them (following plans given to me by class teacher) - its the inbetween bits I struggle with. For example, I would like ideas on how to limit number of children on certain pieces of equipment (particularly the wall bars). I'm finding it particularly hard when a lot of the children struggle with counting!

I have an LSA with me who helps set up the equipment with me but she then observes and records comments on each of the children as they achieve each target.

Any ideas? Help!