1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early years online journals

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by cupcake76, Jun 9, 2019.

1. cupcake76

cupcake76 New commenter

Looking for suggestions and recommendations for the best online journals for EYFS, thanks.

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Each has their own strengths and weaknesses, so I'd suggest you trial a couple and see what suits you. Lots of people use Tapestry or 2simple and childminders tend to like Babydays. But there are others too.

3. scarfandhat

scarfandhat New commenter

I am looking into this also! I have found one called ‘learning book’ and it looks amazing - although a little pricer than the rest.

4. boogie19

boogie19 New commenter

My current school uses Early Excellence I find it to be clunky and limiting. I used to use Tapestry which is far more teacher/parent friendly - you can upload multiple videos/photos to 1 observation to show the journey which you can't do it EEX

5. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

We use tapestry and like it. Parents like it too and we can open the observations for them to see without the assessments. (Do that as our parents would stress/compare/disagree with any judgements!!!)
    Agree that you should have a go.