1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Years Literature

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by aimee2209, Oct 2, 2018.

1. aimee2209

aimee2209 New commenter

Hi, I was hoping to purchase some new books on leading, managing and developing good practice within the EYFS setting. Does anyone have any book recommendations that support this? Amazon have an endless list but would like something that has worked or been inspirational for others.

Many thanks

Aimee

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Have you read Anna Ephgrave's books (Nursery Year In Action, Reception Year In Action, Planning In The Moment With Young Children)? I haven't read the latter but have found the other two quite inspirational.

I've also heard good things about Julie Fisher's "Interacting Or Interfering?" but not read it yet myself.

Not sure if these are quite what you're looking for, but thought it would do no harm to recommend them anyway.

3. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Have a look at 'objective led'planning, but I think it is only explained on the ABCdoes website. (I think that is the correct name of the website.)