1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early-summer London TES meet

Discussion in 'Personal' started by EmanuelShadrack, Jul 6, 2019.

1. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

BertieBassett2 likes this.
  2. gargs

gargs Star commenter

I can actually do the 25th before 5:30 - my vote goes to that one!

primarycat and BertieBassett2 like this.
  3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Sorry.... but the Royal Welsh show will be on and although I can no longer traipse around it for days.... I am glued to SC4 to watch (and scream at the tv when they leave the Welsh Cob Stallion class to go to some silly sheep shearing or log cutting item !!!)

Hope all who go have a great meet :)

4. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Schools don’t finish here until 24th. Could it be the next week?

5. EmanuelShadrack

6. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Fair enough. I’ll have a think.

7. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I can do either day. Wednesday is better though as my mother in law is pitching up on the Thursday so I might need to go fairly early if it was then.

8. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Technically, I think you'll find it is "midsummer" (not the tv show that is pants either).

9. EmanuelShadrack

I was thinking "early" relative to the school holidays, but yes, I've made a technical faux pas.

I just hope the repercussions won't turn out to be serious.

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I should be able to do either. A day in London would be fun. Thank you for organising @EmanuelShadrack

primarycat and BertieBassett2 like this.
  11. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

Thanks, Shadders, I can make either date. I have to say I prefer O'Neill's, as it's quieter upstairs, but it's not a deal breaker.

primarycat likes this.
  12. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Can do the 24th; redoing theory test on the 25th (it expired) or after 4 pm on the 25th suits me.

But not 100% sure....

both pubs good; prefer O'Neills tbh....

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Still at work on the 24th... so 25th is more doable...

primarycat likes this.
  14. EmanuelShadrack

It's looking like the 25th then. I expect we'd still be there after 4pm @sabrinakat

You don't think your mother-in-law would be interested in joining us then?

BertieBassett2 and sabrinakat like this.
  15. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

I might be able to come too, but I need to check first-will I be required to have a say in shaping educational policy, or will it be sufficient to just chat about things that matter to like minded professionals?

16. EmanuelShadrack

Attendees with shaping educational policy skills would be preferred, but applications from anyone with experience of chatting about things that matter to like-minded professionals are welcome.

Of course, needless to say, should the the meet venture into unacceptable or inappropriate territory, it might have to be locked, to prevent further issues developing.

17. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

So now I'm quite concerned at the thought of not having sufficient privileges to escape...

Will we be able to report anybody to bar staff if we don't agree with what they say?

18. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I like you all - I wouldn't dream of bringing her!

She's not arriving until the evening and I can probably get Mr PC to receive her so it should be fine.

19. EmanuelShadrack

Yes you would. I am assured that the decision of the bar staff is final, and that no discussions will be entered into.

There have been incidents in the past of certain attendees getting themselves banned for unruly behaviour, e.g. discussing topics that don't matter to like-minded professionals, excessive use of double-entendres, poor table manners, etc, but then attending further meets under an alias. A dim view is taken of such conduct.

sbkrobson and BertieBassett2 like this.
  20. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I don't break up till 24th and on holiday 27th, so it's a nope from me. :(