1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early primary years interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by trosgal, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I've got an interview at the University of Huddersfield in March for a teaching course. For the interview I've got to prepare a 5 minute presentation on a current issue in early years education. I'm having a little trouble with this coming from a primary background. I'm thinking of doing the introduction of testing 6 year olds on their reading skills-all teachers being advised to use systematic phonics and the potential downfalls it could have etc. Can anyone in an early years position please advise and tell me if I'm on the right track? Or students to give me pointers on the interview process? Sorry to drone on but I have to nail this interview [​IMG]

2. Hi,
    I've got an interview at the University of Huddersfield in March for a teaching course. For the interview I've got to prepare a 5 minute presentation on a current issue in early years education. I'm having a little trouble with this coming from a primary background. I'm thinking of doing the introduction of testing 6 year olds on their reading skills-all teachers being advised to use systematic phonics and the potential downfalls it could have etc. Can anyone in an early years position please advise and tell me if I'm on the right track? Or students to give me pointers on the interview process? Sorry to drone on but I have to nail this interview [​IMG]