1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Morning Work activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by juliateacher, Jul 27, 2007.

1. New school doesn't start lesson until 9am so they daily activities for 10 minutes.
    Have decided to show a setting on smartboard each day as simuli for writing an opening.
    Then there are the activities on Lit board.
    I remember years ago finding a pdf which had loads of activities e.g Make a list of all things green, A - z of animals, but I have obviously deleted it. Does anyone have a copy of soemthing like this or know which website it was on?

Or do you have any other ideas or website links?

2. New school doesn't start lesson until 9am so they daily activities for 10 minutes.
    Have decided to show a setting on smartboard each day as simuli for writing an opening.
    Then there are the activities on Lit board.
    I remember years ago finding a pdf which had loads of activities e.g Make a list of all things green, A - z of animals, but I have obviously deleted it. Does anyone have a copy of soemthing like this or know which website it was on?

Or do you have any other ideas or website links?

3. I have an EMA booklet, it's one I found on the net ages ago...

Also JT - do you have a pic of your classroom / displays? I'd love to know what your room looks like

4. Dear Fluffyfurby,

Is your EMA booklet in the form to email. If so I would really like a copy, if you are willing to share it with me.

Thanks so much.

5. new school has a school tour send me an email and I'll send you link
    new room is bigger than my old one. My reading area is a conservatory and it has beautiful blinds and outside there are some tables in the corridors where groups can work.
    Photos of old room can be seen on www.trinityeducational.co.uk

6. C30

C30

7. Fluffyfurby - what age is your EMA booklet aimed at? Sounds good. Always looking for some good ideas for the start of the day rather than just sitting reading quietly the whole time.

8. Anyone got some good Tabes Torture squares or Suduko squares?

9. C30

C30

If it's for every day use, the top link on the post I wrote before might be best as there are 226 thinking activities on there!

I seem to have "misplaced" the one I was talking about but will have a good root through my (disorganised) files and get back to you!

10. C30

C30

11. C30
    LMAO - you sent me the free download that was made by trinity for our website! How funy is that?
    www.trinityeducational.co.uk - free downloads

Thanks for other bits!

12. C30

C30

Haha - well at least you know it is being used haha!

*walks off sheepishly....

13. I have been thinking about early morning work activities yesterday and my children will have about 20mins at the beginning of the day & am unsure about what activities I can have.

Are there any links for KS1-yr2?

14. It seems we supply exactly what you many of you may be looking for www.GoodMorningChildren.com Your school may well cover the cost too. We have lots of free material for you to trial at ks1 and ks2

15. Just wondering if anyone does have the booklet - there were two activities per page. Anyone?