1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Learning Goals and The Foundation Stage Profile

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by efwright, May 2, 2012.

1. Probably a really stupid question, but I have searched everywhere and it is really stressing me out so thought I would ask on here.

How do the Early Learning Goals and Foundation Stage Profile fit together? Or not?

Is one Nursery and one Reception? Do the ELGS fit into SP1-3?

So confused! Please help!

Thanks

2. Probably a really stupid question, but I have searched everywhere and it is really stressing me out so thought I would ask on here.

How do the Early Learning Goals and Foundation Stage Profile fit together? Or not?

Is one Nursery and one Reception? Do the ELGS fit into SP1-3?

So confused! Please help!

Thanks

3. The EYFS profile is a set of statements, arranged in the 6 areas of learning, with different strands for PSED, CLL and PSRN and one strand each for the other three areas.
    The statements are the scale points against which children's achievement is judged. Points 1-3 are the stepping stones, which used to be what we expected (hoped!) Nursery children to come up to Reception being able to do, (well mostly!)
    Scale Points 4-8 are the early learning goals (ELG's) and how children do across all ELG's is their profile.
    Hope this clarifies things.

4. Thank you so much for the speedy response, that does help!