1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Early Adopter HELP!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Hayley.Kidger, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Hayley.Kidger

Hayley.Kidger New commenter

Good afternoon everyone,

I've never messaged on here before...but I need some help! I am moving back into Reception in September, having been in Key Stage 1 for the past 5/6 years.
    We are being early adopters of the curriculum... I just wondered what are other schools doing with regards to tracking assessment sheets for the children's profiles (as it's only the new ELG's that have been 'published' ...so to speak).

I was also wondering what other people were doing with regards to baseline/on entry assessment?

Thank you in advance
    Hayley

2. katiejane1

katiejane1 New commenter

I’m waiting for further information from local authority and DFE- there should be some training, or at least Certainly within our LA, for early adopters but obviously with Covid this is all a bit delayed and up on the air. There are resources on sites like Tw in kl- but I’m always a bit wary of anything that reduces things down to a tick list when we are meant to be looking at best fit. We tend to look more at the prime areas during baseline as our children and this year in particular will be focusing on their emotional wellbeing. It might be worth contacting your local authority and seeing if they are planning any training, and if they can link you up with other Early adopters in other settings. We have a ‘working group’ of schools so we can share advice, teething problems, rant about the many, many flaws on the framework and the goals. We are only adopting early as we have been rewriting our curriculum, and we want to ensure we can find a way to make this new framework work for us and our children.

3. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

There is nothing out yet, but there will be some sort of trainng for early adopters.
    The new development matters should be out any day, or whatever it will be called.
    Given the year weve had, definitely focus on the prime areas to begin with anyway. Just be reassured that all early adopters are in the same boat.

4. Hayley.Kidger

Thank you :)
    We have recently joined an academy so I will contact some of the EY's teachers within this and see what they are planning on doing. At least we're all in the same boat......add to that the covid issues we will have to deal with. Thank you again

5. Hayley.Kidger

Thank you :)
    Good to know that we're in the same boat....and I'm not the only one feeling such a way!
    Fingers crossed we get something more to work with soon! Thank you again

6. katiejane1

katiejane1 New commenter

This happened the last time we had a change in frameworks, it was released late and everything was delayed. Make sure you keep your SLT informed that you are awaiting the release of further documentation and training. Then they won’t be asking you for things you cannot provide them with yet and yes, I would make contact with the other Early adopters in your MAT, also gives you someone to moderate with, as well as clarify or decide on meaning of anything that is a bit ambiguous. Good luck with your move to EYFS- it’s the best place to be.

7. Hayley.Kidger

Thank you:)
    I am really looking forward to moving back....and I will definitely reach out to others within our MAT....hope you have a good start to the new school year :)