1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EAL secondary interview/assessment/subject questions

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by bookworm77uk, Apr 24, 2014.

1. bookworm77uk

bookworm77uk New commenter

Hi I wonder could anyone help.me please?

I have an interview for an EAL Teaching Post in a secondary school.

Up to now, all my teaching and management experience has come from teaching Adult Esol.

Now my.problem is I'm feeling a little overawed as I haven't taught EAL to under 16's before and am starting to wonder if my ESOL experience can prepare me?

My pre interview research is showing EAL as a vague topic,no compulsory schemes of worj etc. How do you know what to teach? I am sure I can transfer my skills but actually getting specific information is hard.

I know nothing of the secondary curriculum, or how learners are initially asessedbor where to find the appropriate assessment tools and then alloted to a learning programme. All i can do is to draw from the pocedures I used in ESOL.

Can anyone offer help or advice e.g procedures in a secondary school. . Am i wasting my time going to this interview?

Thank you.