1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EAL Lead

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by cbjblb16, Oct 4, 2019.

1. cbjblb16

cbjblb16 New commenter

Hi All,

I am interviewing for the TLR position of EAL Lead at our school next month and would like some advice please.

We are a 4-form entry school with around a 40% intake of EAL students therefore this is a huge responsibility within school.

I have been asked to show how I would analyse the data of EAL pupils against the national curriculum and am struggling with where to start with this! We use target tracker to input all our data so there are various way to analyse it amongst our school.

I am just wondering what other strategies and procedures other school have in place to monitor the progress and attainment of their EAL pupils against non-EAL.

Also, is there any advice you could give me of something new I could introduce to the school to help me with my interview?

Many thanks