1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EAL DISSERTATION

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by pbrylikowska, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Currenly a 3year student primary education. I am juststarting to look at dissetation questions and want to focus on EAL children. Does anyone know any possible question ideas i can use to focus on during my dissertation. thank you

2. Jo3Grace

Jo3Grace New commenter

Was it your choice to pick EAL as a subject? If so, what sparked your interest? Choosing something quite specific that you are personally interested in will make for a ...hopefully manageable and interesting dissertation.

If it was me I would evaluate whether the EAL world stories resource on http://jo.element42.org had a positive impact on students in special schools (smallish topic that I am interested in) or whether students who are EAL but have not yet acquired their mother tongue benefit from hearing other languages. Again another topic I'm personally interested in. I'm not suggesting you do either of these, unless you want to do them for me! But focusing on your personal interests will make the long slog of writing a dissertation more bearable.

Good luck.

Kind regards

Jo Grace

3. Suggs30

Suggs30 New commenter

You could focus on cultural literacy. I just did something similar with an older student.