1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eal co ordinator

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by skteachy, Sep 13, 2020.

1. skteachy

skteachy New commenter

Hi all,

I have an interview for the role of EAL co ordinator. The letter states that I will do an unseen task followed by an interview. What could this be?

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Usually most techniques which support SEND students are adaptable for those with EAL. There used to be some decent PPTs on the net with lots of practical advice ( Mike Gershon - sp ? ) from memory. We often used to place our EAL learners where possible in higher achieving groups ( good rôle models) because we had huge co horts of very challenging children ( mainstream secondary ) with SEMH ..... many of our EAL students were highly motivated as were their families . Remember they have a language - just not English ! One difficulty we encountered was assessing students whom we suspected also had SEND ? At one point we had a TA who (as part of her responsibilities ) took a leading rôle in supporting staff /students / liaising with paraprofessionals/ parents / data / orientation blah blah ..... Lovely job - Good Luck