1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

E-safety resources

Discussion in 'Primary' started by summlard, Oct 22, 2015.

1. summlard

summlard New commenter

hi, does anyone have/know of any lesson plans/resources that are useful for e safety?
    What does your schools do? Thanks

2. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

ThinkUKnow has teaching plans and resources from reception all the way through.

snowyhead likes this.
  3. MikeTheKnight1

MikeTheKnight1 New commenter

I really like http://www.digital-literacy.org.uk/Home.aspx and we've started using these in school.

I've chosen 3 from each year group that I think are distinct and offer new angles of tackling esafety such as the passwords/usernames sessions in year 3 and 5.

I think whilst the children do need to see the bigger picture of how esafety comes together, it helps to break it down into individual topics and stick to them before you end up rambling on and find you've covered a years esafety teaching in 1 hour!

4. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

5. MannyDog

MannyDog New commenter

Digiduck is a great KS1/lower KS2 story about e-safety - I'll see if I can send you the pdf I have.

6. iramnadeem

iramnadeem New commenter

I have been on this course DTDT, Diploma in teaching with digital technology. A lot of stress is laid upon esafety. But did you work on netiquettes? It is a part of esafety too. If you want your students to be exposed to internet you must teach them netiquettes too. While I was looking for it my self I came accross this lovely site
    http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2014/06/15-essential-netiquette-guidelines-to.html
    I hope it will provide you with some help.