1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

E-safety questionnaire for children or parents

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by LSowden, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hello, I have previously posted this in the primary forum with no response, was wondering if anyone on here could help?

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I recently attended a course on e-safety. I learned a great deal and was given many resources for teaching e-safety across KS1 and 2, but it was recommended that before we jump in with 2 feet and start teaching children about the horrors of cyberbullying, online gaming and Facebook ( when in actual fact we might just be introducing them to something they have never come across before), we need to assess what specific issues are affecting children in our school. The course leader mentioned doing an e safety questionnaire and the 'know it all' resource on childnet mentions one too, but I can't access their template. Does anyone have a copy of it or could anyone recommend any others I could adapt to my school? Thanks.

2. Hi there, can't help you with a template questionnaire but we did recently publish a TES guide to Digital Citizenship covering e-safety, cyberbullying, gaming etc, which might also be useful. Link here www.tes.co.uk/digicitizens - I can also send you hardcopy versions if helpful, we've got some around the place.

3. Thanks for the help guys!