1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

e-petition to protect QTS status

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by les25paul, Aug 26, 2011.

1. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

With your permission historygrump I could copy your post to the "SEN" forum, the use of unqualified people filling teacher posts should be as much a concern to regular teachers as well as for supply/NQT/student/unemployed and potential future teachers.
    <u> </u><u>Post copied from the supply forum </u>
    "There is now a e-petition calling on the government to make it a
    legal requirement that any one covering, supervising and teaching classes must have QTS
    I urge the vast number of unemployed or struggling teachers from NQT's to experience teachers to sign the petition to protect our teacher status and to get schools to stop recruiting support staff to teach instead of qualified teachers. Also get your friends and relatives to sign it
    Try this link to take you directly there
    https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/12405"

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

With your permission historygrump I could copy your post to the "SEN" forum, the use of unqualified people filling teacher posts should be as much a concern to regular teachers as well as for supply/NQT/student/unemployed and potential future teachers.
    <u> </u><u>Post copied from the supply forum </u>
    "There is now a e-petition calling on the government to make it a
    legal requirement that any one covering, supervising and teaching classes must have QTS
    I urge the vast number of unemployed or struggling teachers from NQT's to experience teachers to sign the petition to protect our teacher status and to get schools to stop recruiting support staff to teach instead of qualified teachers. Also get your friends and relatives to sign it
    Try this link to take you directly there
    https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/12405"