1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

E-Learning app procurement for Reception year through to year 2?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Gravois, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Hi

I'm hoping someone can advise me on the best route to offering an educational app to primary schools or if any procurement has to happen at a Borough level through the council or simply a case of approaching schools on a school by school basis?

We've produced many web based e-learning 'game's for the BBC, Channel4 Education and UN and have just produced a 'tell the time' staged learning app for iPads, iPhones aimed at primary school level learning (first few years)

Although the app in question is commercially available on itunes but we have applied an educational programme discount on it through Apple but one cannot tell how that looks to the end user.

Any help and advice is very welcomed.

Finally, if primary teachers would use such an app, is it usual for them to also have an admin style app themselves so they can check the results and progress within a class? My own daughter uses mathletics at their school I think but it's only web based in terms of results tracking.

Many thanks

David

ps for those that are interested in seeing it or commenting, the app it's linked here:

Tell the Time with Bubbimals

2. Hi there,

There are a couple of things you could do - a quick email to schools and or boroughs would allow you to work out who is interested... In my experience there are only a few local authories offering advice and so schools would be interested individually, but the maths consultants or ict consultants may want to take a look.

Also, i've seen twitter work really well.. tag #ipaded or #uked

Apps that allow multiple users or profiles which can then keep track of percentages and results are really popular.. Mathevolve is one that springs to mind.

I'm going to take a look myself!

Good luck!

3. Hi there,

There are a couple of things you could do - a quick email to schools and or boroughs would allow you to work out who is interested... In my experience there are only a few local authories offering advice and so schools would be interested individually, but the maths consultants or ict consultants may want to take a look.

Also, i've seen twitter work really well.. tag #ipaded or #uked .

Apps that allow multiple users or profiles which can then keep track of percentages and results are really popular.. Mathevolve is one that springs to mind.

I'm going to take a look myself!

Good luck!

4. Thankyou very much for your advice. We do use twitter, but would not have known about those tags, we'll add them to the next post.