1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

E-Bac Select Committee Enquiry- Get your views heard!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by ebenj01, Feb 12, 2011.

1. A chance for your views/opinions on the E-Bac to be heard, see
    details and link below.
    http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/education-committee/news/new-inquiry-announced-e-bac/

"The Education Committee is announcing a short inquiry into the
    English Baccalaureate (E-Bac). Written submissions are invited,
    addressing the following points:

• the purpose and benefits of the E-Bac and its value as a measure of
      pupil and school performance;
    • the choice of subjects included
      in the E-Bac;
    • the implications of the E-Bac for pupils, schools
      and employers;
    • international comparators for the E-Bac.

The Committee asks for written submissions in accordance with the
    guidelines below by noon on Tuesday 8 March 2011.

<h3>Further information:</h3>

A copy of the submission should be sent by e-mail to educom@parliament.uk and marked
    &ldquo;E-Bac inquiry&rdquo;. The Committee&rsquo;s strong preference is for submissions in
    electronic form, although hard copy originals will be accepted.
    Submissions should be sent to Kathryn Smith, Committee Assistant, at:

Education Select Committee
    House of Commons
    7 Millbank
    London

SW1P 3JA

Each submission should:

• be no more than 3,000 words in length;
    • have numbered
      paragraphs; and
    • (if in electronic form) be in Word format or a
      rich text format with
      as little use of colour or logos as possible."

2. I dont know who should be responding to this but if we leave it to the schools mine for one probably wont bother. It is in our interests as RE teachers to fill this out because as you know schools seem to be either adopting a wait and see policy or dropping the examination of RS altogether. And the EDM -although they are getting signatures might not go anywhere.
    Even if RS is 'safe' as an examined subject in your school, please dont let it get marginalised in ours. This is our opportunity to express ourselves and it might be heard. Sign your name below if and when you fill this out!

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hello all.

I totally agree with Keep RS on this. I've not been to this forum all week, two important deadlines to meet for my business and some jobs applied for too. Unfortunately the material side of life sometimes swamps the aspirant. But I will do this and get it off before Monday.

I suggest we copy some of the info about the Bacc from this site and give it and all the contact info to anyone and everyone who we know to be concerned about the spiritual and moral fabric of society - the churches and mosques etc are obvious people to include. Who else springs to your minds?

We can't give up on this.