1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dyslexic artist? possibly famous

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by avalanchequeen, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I am looking for an accomplished- if possible famous- artist who is/was dyslexic. I have got a student who wants to write an essay on how dyslexia influenced an artist...
    Can anyone help me with that?
    thanks a lot in advance

2. Hi there,
    I am looking for an accomplished- if possible famous- artist who is/was dyslexic. I have got a student who wants to write an essay on how dyslexia influenced an artist...
    Can anyone help me with that?
    thanks a lot in advance

3. Tracey Emin is dyslexic
    Hope this helps

4. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

Where to start!
    Apparently Leonardo da Vinci, Picasso, Rodin, Robert Rauschenberg and Warhol were all dyslexic

5. If your student goes on the Society of Dyslexia websit they should have a list.
    I know that back in the 80s' they had a booklet with famous dyslexic people.

6. Billy Childish (ex Emin Boyd and Stuckist founder). really helpful when a student of mine did a personal study on him - answered questions via email, met her at the gallery which then represented him (Aquarium)

7. Typo - I meant ex Emin boyfriend