1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dyslexia Screener / Assessment

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by beckidaniel, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Just a quick question to hopefully give me a starting point! I am in the process of looking for a new dyslexia screener &/or assessment and was wondering which of the schemes available you all use? Any info or feedback on these would be extremely gratefully recieved - it seems such a large amount of money to shell out on something I am not sure about!!

Thanks!!

2. Hi all,

Just a quick question to hopefully give me a starting point! I am in the process of looking for a new dyslexia screener &/or assessment and was wondering which of the schemes available you all use? Any info or feedback on these would be extremely gratefully recieved - it seems such a large amount of money to shell out on something I am not sure about!!

Thanks!!

3. Hi,
    We use a computer screener called LASS rapid by Lucid which looks at three key areas- phonological awareness, auditory sequential memory and visual discrimination/phonic skills depending on the age of a child. We screen all of our Yr 1 pupils and have found in really useful for early intervention.

Hope that helps.

4. May I ask what sort of "intervention" you use?