1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dyscalculia training

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by zone, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Is anyone aware of any good training courses on dyscalculia - at any level?
    I've found the ones offered by the BDA - if anyone has any comments on the usefulness of any of these they'd be welcomed.
    I've also found the conference that is held in June 2012 but that's too far away for my needs.

2. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

I'd be interested in this too.
    I am starting a PGCert in Early Maths Intervention next month at Edge Hill University, so I'll ask the tutor if he knows of any other training.

3. I did the Unicorn Maths training through the BDA and found it extremely helpful. It's a structured, cumulative programme, very clear and loads of games and ideas for teaching. Highly recommended!

4. Could you please add details of the June conference or a web link so I can find out more details? Many thanks.

5. Thank you very much.

6. Try Emerson House, based in Hammersmith. That is my local centre. I did a fantastic course with them and they have resourses too. Most useful. Leave a message if you need more information, am just adding thoughts.....