1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DYING IN SERVICE

Discussion in 'Primary' started by iamagoodgirl, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Can anyone give me a link to the site which enables us to download the form that allows us to nominate who would lilke to benefit from the lump sum that is paid out should we die in service.
    Hopefully this will never happen but I made my will last year and the solicitor mentioned it. I need to make sure I have doen this. I contacted my teachers assurance rep who said it was done on line and couldn't help with a paper copy.
    Can anyone help ?. I am a bit thick with ICT so would need a direct link

2. Hi,
    Thank you so much for asking this question, I didn't know anything about it (probably did get a leaflet about is at some point!), I have now registered and completed the relevant forms!
    These forums are so useful
    Thanks you so much xx

3. I have known about it for years but always had the attitude it could wait. When my solicitor it would just be added to my estate for sharing out amonest who I'd left my estate to unless I made certain requests. Now I have "dished" out certain percentages to particular members of my family. Otherwise, everyone would have had an equal share. Now even if I marry (lol) my mum is still protected.

4. Thanks for bringing this up
    It has reminded me that l need to update mine
    But my TP number isn't on my paylip - any idea where l can get it ftom?
    PM

5. cornflake

cornflake Established commenter

It's the same as your GTP / Teacher number....

Just done mine!

6. Great to see I've triggered something positive !. I normally put my foot in it.

7. No - Very grateful to you for bringing it up
    Just ensured my children would be the beneficaries so sure they would be very grateful too - not that i'm intending to let them benefit just yet!
    PM

8. Just make sure that your spouse (if you have one) is well provided for first as he will have responsibility for the children should you die. Make sure he has the means to provide well for them.

9. Thanks for advice but 2 are independent adults and youngest far more likely to go and live with older sister than father l think. He is legally NOK as no for specific reasons no formal separation exists so it was a really useful reminder to get it all sorted.