1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DVT query

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jezza1, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I have just been diagnosed as having a dvt. I'm receiving treatment (2 days in) but would like to hear other peoples experiences. Hospital have been great, but I'm feeling a bit fed up, although I'm lucky it was discovered early. Oh, and I'm very tired, so I'm sorry if i don't reply immediately. Thank you.

2. Sorry, so tired I posted on the wrong forum [​IMG]

3. I had a DVT and self-administered mini-hep injections for 2 weeks then went on warfarin for 3-4 months. The injections were not a problem (other than the severe bruising that resulted) and the only irritation with the warfarin was having to attend clinic every week (then 2 weekly) for blood tests to determine the correct dose of warfarin. The clinic times were very limited and it meant taking time off for every single appointment. It was an inconvenience for my school but they were very accomodating. Hope you get better soon.