1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DVLA....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MickTravis, Jun 27, 2012.

1. <h3>Apply by phone on 0300 790 6802</h3>
    You can apply by phone if:
    • you&rsquo;re shown as the registered keeper on the registration certificate
    • your name, address and vehicle details haven&rsquo;t changed
    • you have a debit or credit card to pay the &pound;25 fee - the cost of a duplicate registration certificate
    0300 same cost as 01 numbers

2. Are you prepared to pay more tax to fund this, belle?
    Alternatively, in your huge mansion, perhaps you could put aside a room or two for important documents. Like sensible people do, rather than wittering on about hats for weddings...
    cyolba, sage and onion advice :)

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Thanks cyolba.
    I shall look into releasing some money from one of the many (legal) tax avoidance schemes Mr Belle and I pay into.
    In the meantime, I shall have my housekeeper clear out the west wing of Belle Towers in order to house the document (when it arrives) and other important documents.
    In the meantime I shall file your latest post (along with all the others) under 'F' for 'all the fkcus I don't give'

Belle, considerably richer than you [​IMG]

4. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

You can and should complain to the DVLA about using the phone to create extra income through timewasting. Otherwise, be glad you did sort this over the phone as they also play dirty tricks here to force people to pay those extra charges:

When to expect your new registration certificate
    DVLA aims to deliver a registration certificate to you within a week if you apply by phone or four weeks if you applied by post. Allow at least six weeks for your registration certificate to arrive before contacting DVLA if you applied by post.

5. BelleDuJour

Micktravis thakns. I found the 0300 number and did it quickly on that one over the phone.
    That's my point. They lure you in to phoning these numbers, and there's no mention you can do it cheaper elsewhere, then you get some blathering *** recorded message lasting an eternity and still don't get the issue resolved. These numbers must be used with the blessing of DVLA who probably take a cut out of the proceeds. Legalised robbery.
    The nice man at DVLA said I should receive the document within 3-5 days.

6. Only in financial terms, belle...
    cyolba, poking the gilded cage with a pointy stick :)

7. BelleDuJour

Ouch!
    Belle, beloved by all [​IMG]

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

DVLA are run by capita so what do you expect?
    Don't even get me started on their recruitment and employment methods!

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

There is a website called 'say no to 0870' I you put the premium rate number into it it can usually find you a regular rate or even free number to the same place. Or even if not exactly the same place they will do an internal re-direction so still free.

10. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I can only say that if someone can afford to buy a giant gas guzzling w*nker wagon and leave it depreciating at their house at a cost of about 10 grand a year to avoid paying &pound;500 in road tax they deserve to be pi$$ed about by a few government flunkies for being dumber thana tree. Dumb is dumb however many silver spoons you have stuck up your orifice.

11. BelleDuJour

I didn't buy it Jacob, it was a present....................but I still love you!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

12. Have recently moved to France after early retirement. We have re-matriculated the car-new number etc. The DVLA is the most efficient,wonderful,cheap,fabulous and tremendous institution compared to the equivalent in France!!!!!!

13. Belle in France...

[​IMG]

14. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Well it would cure stupidity.

15. Me in France:
    [​IMG]
    The pot cunningly hides the fact that the woeful lack of elastic in my knickers has caused them to fall off...

16. And there was me thinking it was sheer animal magnetism.

17. where did you find the expensive and useless number then? That's the first one that comes up when you google "DVLA replacement registration".

18. BelleDuJour

That's me Manny!!!

19. I could actually visualise you in that pose, Belle!
    In fact... [​IMG]
    p.s. did I ever tell you about the time I got stuck just like that lady, in a bin on Clapham Common?

20. BelleDuJour

Ermmm.....no, you didn't. But I can imagine. Go you Manny!!!