1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Duvet covers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Jan 23, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I'm certain these are designed by women. All those fiddly buttons or studs. Why? surely a zip would be easier?

2. Easier perhaps - until the zip breaks.

3. Mr side can't put duvet covers on either. It is funny to see him get frustrated!

4. Studs good, buttons pain in the ****: time consuming and they keep coming off!

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

A zip is fine until you heave the covers over in your sleep and graze yourself on it!

6. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

and a zip could be cold, so yes they were designed by women as we think of these things :)

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Agree.....I bloody hate buttons on duvet covers too!

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

i dont have problem changing a duvet cover........its making sure i have a share of it which is the problem lol

9. Hate changing the duvet cover, hate buttons, however bought a lovely new one this afternoon.
    Had to throw one after washing it and seeing thread bare patch had become a hole. I'd only had 25 years, it was a housewarming present when I moved into my last house.

10. Snap!