1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dundee Uni PGDE Primary - Any updates?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by mm79, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, I know its only been 8 days and they said it would be March before we heard but the wait is killing me!
    Dont think I can handle another 6 weeks or so to hear! I've been checking Track everyday. My partner has said i'm insane for looking all the time but what does he know eh?

2. Hi everyone, I know its only been 8 days and they said it would be March before we heard but the wait is killing me!
    Dont think I can handle another 6 weeks or so to hear! I've been checking Track everyday. My partner has said i'm insane for looking all the time but what does he know eh?

3. I heard back on Thursday that I was 'unsuccessful'... I guess I was on the definite no pile! So I would say if you're still waiting that's a good thing! Good luck! :)

4. I also heard on Thursday that i was unsuccessful so must be a good thing that you have not heard. I received feedback thru th post on Saturday, did anyone else? what did you think? All the things that i didnt get a tick for i felt were quite difficult to improve in the future.

5. Sorry to hear you were both unsuccessful. Do you think you'll try again next year? If i'm unsuccessful i think i'll try again next year. Really dont know what they're looking for at all. What did your feedback say? Did you not feel that it was useful for you?

6. Yeh I think I will apply next year, I'll try and build up more experience and hopefully do better next time! I haven't had anything in the post though, would defo like some feedback on how I did! Is it just a checklist or something you've got?

7. yeah it was just a checklist.
    Im still waiting to hear back from UWS and UHI pathway thru Strathclyde, also looking into english universities...if all that fails i will be applying again next year, its hard tho as this is my second year at applying so trying to stay positive, i know its what i want to do so wont give up.

8. Ah I hate it when you get checklists as feedback, I used to get them on coursework at uni... I prefer actual useful comments, in sentences!

I had Glasgow Uni down as my second choice and that immediately changed to 'course full' on track once I had unsuccessful appear from Dundee. My mum suggested to me I do some kind of college course for being an SLA in the meantime and then apply for teaching again in a year, but I'm not sure if I will do that. I'm going to wait and see if any places come up on the 'Extra' thing on GTTR and maybe clearing, but at the moment if you do a course search it says everywhere is full apart from the Gaelic speaking courses :( So I guess I'd be hoping for someone to suddenly say they didn't want their place any more, probably unlikely!

I've read that if you study teaching in England you can't use it to teach in Scotland, I don't know if that would be a problem for you?