1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dundee PGDE - what happens now?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by mm79, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Congratulations to everyone that has been successful this year. Cant wait to meet you all and get started!
    Does anyone by any chance know the start date for the course? My daughter starts school this year so i'm hoping that its not the week she starts so I can be there for her!
    I dont really know what happens now, will they get in touch with us soon re start dates and reading lists etc?
    Any other info on the course that people have would be good too. Dont really want to pester the uni yet :)
    Michelle

2. Congratulations to everyone that has been successful this year. Cant wait to meet you all and get started!
    Does anyone by any chance know the start date for the course? My daughter starts school this year so i'm hoping that its not the week she starts so I can be there for her!
    I dont really know what happens now, will they get in touch with us soon re start dates and reading lists etc?
    Any other info on the course that people have would be good too. Dont really want to pester the uni yet :)
    Michelle

3. Michelle,
    I'm getting a copy of this year's timetable to help me arrange childcare. I'll let you know when I get it.

Elaine

4. Hi
    Yes congratulations to all! I too am starting in Aug. I was told starting date was the 18th Aug. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Karen

5. Ahh! Thats the date my daughter starts primary 1! Oh no, I cant miss her starting school :(

6. Oh no, maybe our start date will change, here's hoping for you. When my daughter started school last year there was 2 different start times we were the early one and it didn't take that long. Worst case scenario you could ask for earliest start time, I'm sure it will work out ok.

7. Elaine, if you get emailed a copy of the timetable, could I get a copy too please?
    Start date is definately Aug 18th and the hours 9-5pm. I've been quite lucky, my daughter starts P1 on the 16th so I'll see her to school for the first 2 days. However, the first 4 weeks are half days so childcare becomes more of an issue.
    I see a few different names to the others I have been chatting to on a different TES link so well done to you all for getting a place. Still pinching myself, cant quite believe it yet.
    Kathryn

8. Hi
    I contacted Gillian french and she said timetable etc will be posted out in May/June time, so we will just have to wait.

9. I've found out that she starts on 17th so at least I'll get to see her start her first day. Hope she goes in ok because i'll feel awful if i'm not there and she's upset. I know Kathryn, all these weeks of half days at first are a nightmare for childcare. I'd been hoping that we wouldnt start for at least a week after the schools so that I wouldnt have to depend on a lot of different people for childcare but i'm sure we'll all manage.
    I'm still on cloud nine about getting in and so excited! Its been almost 8 years since I graduated and i've missed studying and uni life!
    Michelle

10. Hi
    Its been 15 years since I graduated!!! Got completely used to my own free time (well, if you can call it free time with a 6 year old and a 4 year old), so I'm dreading the workload. I know a few people who have done the post grad and apparently most evenings will have to be spent doing work as well as weekends. I'm sure it will just become the norm after a few weeks. Will be funny to meet you all after speaking on here. So going to miss my children though as I havent worked for 15 months in order to look after them myself.[​IMG]
    Kathryn

11. Ah well, its nice to know i'll not be the only person thats not just graduated and is 22!
    The over 30's is a nice age bracket [​IMG] I've worked night shift since I had my daughter so that i would be there for her whilst she was young so its going to be hard not seeing her so much but its going to be worth it in the end.
    I'm hoping that I can get most things done in the evenings and maybe one day at the weekend so that I can still have a bit of time to myself but from what i've heard i'll be lucky to have time to eat!
    Michelle

12. Kathryn,
    Gillian posted me timetable for this year's students. It just showed the weeks that would be spent on placement and the weeks that would be spent in Dundee. I'm not sure how helpful it was. I'm assuming that when I'm in Dundee, my children will need childcare from very early in the morning (I'll need to leave around 7.15 am) until later on in the evening. I hope the placements are nearer to where I live though.
    Elaine

13. Hi
    If I contact you via email on TES can you email me a copy of what you have got? Will give me a rough idea for this years placements.
    Thanks

14. Kathryn,
    I'll try to scan the timetable to you if you send me your e mail address.
    Elaine