1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dundee pgde interview 2012 help

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by herbariumorchid, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I have applied for the Primary PGDE at Dundee Uni to begin in 2012.I recieved receipt of application by the Uni on 9th Nov.Im now getting very nervous about the interview (assuming I get one!)
    I've heard rumours that I will be asked to do a 3 minute interview on an aspect of the Curriculum for Excellence.The cfe is such a huge subject and I feel overwhelmed trying to learn it all!
    Does anyone have any advice for the interview?Does anyone know when I might hear back from the Uni?
    Any woeds of advice would very much be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Hi there,
    I have applied for the Primary PGDE at Dundee Uni to begin in 2012.I recieved receipt of application by the Uni on 9th Nov.Im now getting very nervous about the interview (assuming I get one!)
    I've heard rumours that I will be asked to do a 3 minute interview on an aspect of the Curriculum for Excellence.The cfe is such a huge subject and I feel overwhelmed trying to learn it all!
    Does anyone have any advice for the interview?Does anyone know when I might hear back from the Uni?
    Any woeds of advice would very much be appreciated.
    Thanks.

3. hey!! I applied for Dundee last year and heard that I had an interview around the 22nd December so dont worry, my friend also got an interview but she didnt hear to about the beginning of January. I had to do a 3 minute presentation on a topic of our choice that would be relevant to primary teaching. Unfortunately I didnt get a place on the course even though I thought I did ok in the interview but never mind, it was all a learning curve. best of luck! x

4. I am just wondering, when it says a topic of our choice that is relevant to primary teaching does that mean that it's a topic like cfe, metacognition, focus of topics in the classroom i.e technical topics of interest to the discipline of teachin, or is it a topic that could be spoken about in the classroom? I am leaning towards the former but I just wanted to check from those that have been through the process at Dundee before. Annoying that every uni is different :p

5. I'm a post grad student at Dundee and I had do do something similar for my interview last year. i chose something that was relevant/current to teaching for my presentation. It wasn't a fancy presentation, but if it is something that you are passionate about, the interviewers will see how enthusiastic you are. The presentation only lasted a short time and I was questioned on things that I had spoken about. The interviewers will try to put you at ease, and as long as you are aware of current educational issues (found in the press and TESS magazine), and can present yourself confidently, you'll be fine! Well done on getting an interview - that'll be down to your personal statement and experience already! If you can talk about your observations from your experience as well, that will help. Hope this was useful, good luck!

6. Hi,
    I was in the same situation until last Monday. I emailed them and they got back to me saying i have an interview on the 26th january, but the official email hasn't been sent yet, and the gttr tracking hasn't been updated for mine either.
    Now very nervous about the interview and no idea what to expect.
    It might be worth your while emailing them.

7. Hi There,

I have also applied for Dundee postgraduate course and heard yesterday that i have an interview on Tuesday! the 2-3 minute presentation is so difficult. Im not sure how much detail to go into as its such a short time. Does anyone know how many applicants they interview compared to number of places available? Im so eager to get in but i just hope my nerves dont get the better of me. Good luck everyone else x

8. piper09 - i heard on monday, as i'd emailed them on sunday, but just got the official email about an hour ago.
    so excited but so nervous.
    Don't assume a no, if it was a no would you not have heard earlier?

9. Piper09, I heard yesterday. Lorna rang me and told me that my interview was next week. Yes there is a 2-3 minute presentation. i'm leaning towards presenting a lesson with the interviewers as the pupils. Getting them involved. Showing them how I would teach the subject.

10. I had my interview today and although I was going to ask how long it would be before we find out and how many places there are I was so intent on answering the questions that I forgot to. Just wondering if anybody else asked?

11. Lucky you midgeCM. At least its all over for you now. Well done!
    Ive got mine on 26th (thursday). eeeeeeeeeek!
    Good luck! x

12. We'll apparently find out by the end of March. Just wondering how your presentation went? I just couldn't keep it to the time and was cut off at the 3 min mark. Wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

13. I managed to keep within the 3 mins although I was very aware they were keeping track of the time. End of March seems like such a long way away. Oh well will just have to try and keep busy and hopefully it will come round quick.

14. i was cut of aswell feel like ive let myself down! This is my second year applying for the pgce in dundee! I feel like im being really hard on myself and not looking at anything positive! Dont know what to think really! I was told there is only 40 places! How did everyone else feel after the interview?

15. those of you that have already had interviews, how many people were there interviewing you, and more importantly was it only you getting interviewed or was there more than 1 potential person? I ask because I have an interview and happen to know someone else who has one, as it turns out, at the same day/time as me! Now we're a bit confused as to how that works...

16. two people interviewing a lecturer from the college and a headteacher from a local primary school! I think thers about 4 interviews for every slot!

17. Hey Haggis, What time is your interview on Thursday? I might see you there, totally nervous! Good luck x

18. Hey nsuszk12 - mine is at 2.40pm. Im very nervous too. Cant believe its crept up so quickly and dont feel like im prepared enough. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Good luck to you too xxxx

19. Hi
    I have my interview also on 26th and feeling so nervous about it. This is my 2nd time applying. I feel like I've done a lot of preparation, but I felt like that last year, but when in the inerview my nerves got the better of me!
    How is everyone else feeling?
    Good luck to everyone
    Allyson x

20. When do you think we will started hearing the decisions?