1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dundee 2011 Primary PGDE course

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by klr1, May 6, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I am just about to apply for next year and wondered how you were all getting on??? I have heard it is hard enough to get on the course never mind the course itself!!!
    If anyone has any hints or tips i would very much appreciate it
    good luck everyone xx

2. Hi There,
    I'm currently at Dundee on the PGDE Primary course. There are only 42 of us on the course this year; I believe that in the past, there would be about 130 students. The one piece of advice for getting on the course is to get as much school experience as you can. You'll get a feel for the profession and also be able to see CfE working in practice. Get familiar with current educational issues by talking to teachers, looking on this website and the news. It is a tough course, but so enjoyable too. My first placement starts tomorrow and that's after being at uni for 5 weeks. You are thrown in at the deep end and have to learn to swim very quickly!! Hope this helps!
    Elaine