1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Duke of Edinburgh - ICT Skills

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by apmcarthur, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi everyone

A student has approached me and has asked if he can complete his Duke of Edinburgh skills in ICT. I was thinking about getting him to build a website to complete these skills. Has anyone done this before (or any DOE ICT skills)? What is required of the student?

Any help would be gratefully received!

2. Hi everyone

A student has approached me and has asked if he can complete his Duke of Edinburgh skills in ICT. I was thinking about getting him to build a website to complete these skills. Has anyone done this before (or any DOE ICT skills)? What is required of the student?

Any help would be gratefully received!

3. Hi
    The skills section for D of E is very simple, he needs to get better over a period of a minimium of an hour a week for 12 weeks depending on the level he is doing and some other choices
    Get him to set a goal and set the things he wants to learn. He needs evidence to show that he has completed those tasks and you as his assessor can specifiy whether he has hit that target or not.
    It doesn't have to be just on web design, it can be on whatever you and he see fit.
    Good luck and if I can help in any other way, let me know.
    Got to go now, as I have a D of E group out doing their practice expedition which I have to find in the rain :)

4. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

yes - ditto above.

Make sure that the participant does the activity outside of regular school lesson time.