Lots of teachers accept jobs and keep applying in hopes of getting something better. When some of them do score a job with a better "package," they inform the original school that they must break the contract due to a "family emergency." So even good schools find themselves scrambling to fill vacancies right up into August. It's fairly common (if somewhat unethical) so I'd say re-apply. Although, if you ever decide to break a contract this way, the original school might put a work ban on you in that country, just to keep you from working for the competition.