1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dubai - which schools to go for

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by brokendreamz, Nov 20, 2019.

1. brokendreamz

brokendreamz New commenter

Hi all,

At the risk of being jumped on for starting 'yet another' Dubai thread, would anyone be willing to private message me some information on which schools in Dubai to avoid and which to aim for? I have applied for some and had an offer from one but feel it's all a bit of a minefield and don't want to take such an important decision lightly. I am an experienced teacher of 10 years, currently in a senior leadership position, looking for class teacher/middle leadership positions in Dubai.

Also - are there any sites (other than TES) that are worth using to look for/apply for jobs?

And before anyone says it... I have my reasons for targeting my search solely at Dubai and I know there are other places in the world!

Many thanks in advance.

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

The ISR has one or two reviews of some schools in Dubai, brokendreamz.

Search Associates is one of the better-known and more respected teacher recruitment agencies.

3. brokendreamz

Thank you for your response.
    I have joined both - am currently awaiting my Search Associates profile to be activated!

4. the hippo

brokendreamz, I have sent you one of those TES Conversation things. I might be of some help.

5. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

Please send me a PM. I worked in Dubai for 8 years plus 8 years in other ME countries. If you can send me the details of the schools you have applied to, it might help

6. the hippo

Stoppers probably has more information than me, as per usual.

stopwatch and brokendreamz like this.
  7. brokendreamz

Thanks! I've started a conversation with you.

8. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

Oh, you do make me larf! :D

9. twigtwig

twigtwig New commenter

I'll send you a conversation now.

brokendreamz likes this.
  10. brokendreamz

Thanks - have replied!

11. sjudd256

sjudd256 New commenter

Sorry to hop onto your post, but would anybody be able to message me with the same thing? Am looking at Dubai and Abu Dhabi and am intending on moving over with my husband and two children.
    Thanks!